All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDark Matters explores the city at night as a place and time within which escape from the confines of the daytime is possible. More specifically, it is a state of being. There is a long history of nightwalking, often integral to shady worlds of miscreants, shift workers and transgressors. Yet the night offers much to be enjoyed beyond vice. Night by definition contrasts day, summoning tions of darkness and fear. But ather night exists out there. Liberation and exhilaration in the urban landscape is increasingly rare when so much of our attention and actions are controlled. Rather than consider darkness as negative, opposed to illumination and enlightenment, this book explores the rich potential of the dark for our senses. The question may longer be about what spaces we wish to engage with but when we do?
- Author BiographyNick Dunn is the author of numerous books on architecture, art practices, design processes and urbanism. He is Chair of Urban Design at Imagination, an open and exploratory research lab at Lancaster University where he is also Research Director for the Lancaster Institute for the Contemporary Arts and Associate Director of the Institute for Social Futures. He lives and walks in Manchester.
- Author(s)Nick Dunn
- PublisherJohn Hunt Publishing
- Date of Publication25/11/2016
- Place of PublicationRopley
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintZero Books
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $204.90New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.66New
- AU $61.69Used
- AU $94.06New
- AU $102.20New
- AU $71.40New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.59
- AU $22.45Trending at AU $24.03
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.94
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $91.19
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.01
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $50.60
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.