All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA 'dark night of the soul' is t a psychological syndrome, but a quest for meaning during life's darkest hours: the loss of a loved one, the end of a relationship, ageing and illness, career disappointments or just an ongoing dissatisfaction with life. Thomas Moore's extensive experience as a psychologist and theologian has taught him that the dark night is a challenge to restore ourselves and to become someone of substance, depth and soul. By using these trying times as an opportunity to reflect and delve into the soul's deepest needs, we can find a new understanding of life's meaning. Dark Nights of the Soul has its roots in a favourite chapter in Thomas Moore's million copy bestseller, Care of the Soul. In this beautifully-written and thought-provoking work he explores our contemporary anxieties and insecurities and shows how these metaphoric dark nights can become transforming rites of passage.
- Author BiographyThomas Moore is the author of the phenomenal bestseller Care of the Soul. He lived as a Catholic monk for twelve years and later became a psychotherapist, with degrees in theology, musicology and religion.
- Author(s)Thomas Moore
- PublisherLittle, Brown Book Group
- Date of Publication07/06/2012
- SubjectMind, Body & Spirit: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPiatkus Books
- Weight272 g
- Width198 mm
- Height155 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.57
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $72.91
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.