All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhen singer-songwriter Nick Drake died of a drug overdose in the autumn of 1974, he left behind only three well-received but modest selling albums. Today, he is recognised as one of true geniuses of English folk music, with millions of fans worldwide and a regular place in all-time best album lists. Using many newly discovered documents and all-new interviews with the singer's friends and associates, Trevor Dann's book reveals more detail on Nick Drake's life than ever previously published, from his early years in Tanworth-in-Arden and Cambridge, to the missed opportunities and mismanagement that defined his recording career, to the remarkable 'Drake cult' that has grown since the singer's death at age 26. An unflinching portrait of a reclusive and gifted artist, Darker Than the Deepest Sea is essential reading for any serious music fan.
- Author BiographyThe former Head of Music Entertainment at the BBC and a producer of Live Aid, Trevor Dann has written for The Times, Q Magazine, Mojo and the Independent. He is a media consultant who presents a weekly show on Classic Gold. He lives near Cambridge.
- Author(s)Trevor Dann
- PublisherLittle, Brown Book Group
- Date of Publication08/02/2007
- SubjectBiography: The Arts
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPiatkus Books
- Weight214 g
- Width128 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.