All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.79Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.68Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionShrouded in mysterious legend and steeped in history, Dartmoor with its stunning scenery, pretty villages and abundant wildlife is a source of inspiration to anyone who spends time there. From its curious stone circles and rows to its hard rocky tors, from its rich, moss-covered ancient woodlands and rushing rivers to its sparse high moor land and bleak prison, Dartmoor has inspired artists, poets and musicians for centuries. This book contains a fascinating mixture of informative facts and mysterious tales. Here you will discover the wildlife, the history, the geography, the legends, the industry, the harshness and the inspiring wonder of one of England's most popular National Parks. This book illustrates why people are pulled back time and again to the wilderness of Dartmoor.
- Author BiographyMICHELLE DIBB is a marketing consultant who spends most weekends exploring Dartmoor with her daughter. She has a degree in modern languages and used to enjoy travel before settling on the edge of the National Park, in Christow, Devon. She is an active member of her local community, and a good public speaker. In the course of compiling the book she has already been asked to give a talk to the Round Table and a local radio interview.
- Author(s)Michelle Dibb
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/04/2011
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe History Press Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations (some col.)
- Weight470 g
- Width170 mm
- Height250 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.