Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $168.18
- AU $15.16Trending at AU $23.66
- AU $33.79Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $24.21Trending at AU $29.47
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $6.49
- AU $20.71Trending at AU $24.23
- AU $15.62Trending at AU $17.57
About this product
- DescriptionDarwin is a singer, and music is illegal--real music, anyway. The state-backed Wagner Initiative prohibits the practice of all n-educational forms of art. Darwin has worked for these jerks her whole life, singing about crosswalk safety and body odor, living with the WI's strict code of morality ( art for art's sake, flashy clothes, and massive rainbow-colored sock collections like the one hidden in Darwin's closet). When she finds out the WI may have had a hand in her father's death, Darwin starts asking questions. She explores the Private Library's dusty basement archives. She discovers rock and roll. She meets Brax, a handsome (if you like the rebellious type) double agent whose recurring disappearances give clue whether his loyalty lies with the state or the resistance. Brax gives Darwin a media drive filled with illegal music-- bigger than a stick of gum, it's the most dangerous thing Darwin's ever touched. And once she presses play, she refuses to stop listening. Darwin flees Washington DC's gray skyrises for the underground, a network of basements, artists, and rebels prepared to fight--violently if necessary--for the freedom to sing, dance, write, juggle, or do whatever else lies in their hearts.
- Author BiographyNadria Tucker was born in Atmore, Alabama and grew up living the small town Southern life, which had a great influence on her work. She received an English degree from Auburn University before getting her master's in creative writing at UAB. Her work has appeared in several literary magazines including Fiction 365, New Southerner and THE2NDHAND. Her latest novel is Darwin, Singer, a dystopian young adult tale--Darwin is a singer, and music is illegal.
- Author(s)Nadria Tucker
- PublisherSixteenth Avenue Books
- Date of Publication23/03/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSixteenth Avenue Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight231 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.