Darwin's Dangerous Idea: Evolution and the Meanings of Life by Daniel C. Dennett (Paperback, 1996)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $20.39Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $9.24+ AU $6.00 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn Darwin's Dangerous Idea: Evolution and the Meanings of Life Daniel C. Dennett argues that the theory of evolution can demystify the miracles of life without devaluing our most cherished beliefs. From the moment it first appeared, Charles Darwin's theory of evolution by natural selection has been controversial: misrepresented, abused, denied and fiercely debated. In this powerful defence of Darwin, Daniel C. Dennett explores every aspect of evolutionary thinking to show why it is so fundamental to our existence, and why it affirms - t threatens - our convictions about the meaning of life. Essential and pleasurable for any thinking person . (Stephen Pinker). A surpassingly brilliant book. Where creative, it lifts the reader to new intellectual heights. Where critical, it is devastating . (Richard Dawkins). A brilliant piece of persuasion, excitingly argued and compulsively readable . ( The Times Higher Education Supplement ). Superb...This is the best single-author overview of all the implications of evolution by natural selection available ...deserves a place on the bookshelves of every thinking person . (John Gribbin, Sunday Times ). Dennett's book brings together science and philosophy with wit, complex clarity and an infectious sense that these ideas matter, to us and the way we live w . (A. S. Byatt, Sunday Times Books of the Year ). Daniel C. Dennett is one of the most original and provocative thinkers in the world. A brilliant polemicist and philosopher, he is famous for challenging unexamined orthodoxies, and an outspoken supporter of the Brights movement. His books include Brainstorms , Brainchildren , Elbow Room , Breaking the Spell , Darwin's Dangerous Idea , Consciousness Explained and Freedom Evolves .
- Author BiographyDaniel Dennett is the author of Brainstorms, Brainchildren, Elbow Room, Consciousness Explained and Darwin's Dangerous Idea. He is currently the Distinguished Arts and Sciences Professor and Director of the Center for Cognitive Studies at Tufts University. He lives in North Andover, Massachusetts.
- PrizesShortlisted for Pulitzer Prize for Non-Fiction 1996.
- Author(s)Daniel C. Dennett
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication26/09/1996
- SubjectPopular Science
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPenguin Books Ltd
- Content Notebibliography, index
- Weight404 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $22.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.44New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.03
- AU $29.55Trending at AU $30.44
- AU $49.31Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.36
- AU $39.21Trending at AU $43.41
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.