Brand newLOWEST PRICE
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNew from Newbery Hor author Kirby Larson, the moving story of a Japanese-American girl who is separated from her dog upon being sent to an incarceration camp during WWII. Although Mitsi Kashi and her family are swept up in the wave of anti-Japanese sentiment following the attack on Pearl Harbor, Mitsi never expects to lose her home -- or her beloved dog, Dash. But, as World War II rages and people of Japanese descent are forced into incarceration camps, Mitsi is separated from Dash, her classmates, and life as she kws it. The camp is a crowded and unfamiliar place, whose dusty floors, seemingly endless lines, and barbed wire fences begin to unravel the strong Kashi family ties. With the help of a friendly neighbor back home, Mitsi remains connected to Dash in spite of the hard times, holding on to the hope that the war will end soon and life will return to rmal. Though they've lost their home, will the Kashi family also lose their sense of family? And will Mitsi and Dash ever be reunited?
- Author BiographyKirby Larson is the acclaimed author of the 2007 Newbery Honor book HATTIE BIG SKY; its sequel, HATTIE EVER AFTER; THE FRIENDSHIP DOLL; DEAR AMERICA: THE FENCES BETWEEN US; and DUKE. She has also written a number of picture books, including the award-winning TWO BOBBIES: A TRUE STORY OF HURRICANE KATRINA, FRIENDSHIP, AND SURVIVAL and NUBS: THE TRUE STORY OF A MUTT, A MARINE & A MIRACLE. She lives in Washington with her husband.
- Author(s)Kirauthor Larson,Kirby Larson
- PublisherScholastic Press
- Date of Publication26/08/2014
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintScholastic Press
- Weight372 g
- Width154 mm
- Height218 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.