All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionData-Driven Modeling: Using MATLAB(R) in Water Resources and Environmental Engineering provides a systematic account of major concepts and methodologies for data-driven models and presents a unified framework that makes the subject more accessible to and applicable for researchers and practitioners. It integrates important theories and applications of data-driven models and uses them to deal with a wide range of problems in the field of water resources and environmental engineering such as hydrological forecasting, flood analysis, water quality monitoring, regionalizing climatic data, and general function approximation. The book presents the statistical-based models including basic statistical analysis, nparametric and logistic regression methods, time series analysis and modeling, and support vector machines. It also deals with the analysis and modeling based on artificial intelligence techniques including static and dynamic neural networks, statistical neural networks, fuzzy inference systems, and fuzzy regression. The book also discusses hybrid models as well as multi-model data fusion to wrap up the covered models and techniques. The source files of relatively simple and advanced programs demonstrating how to use the models are presented together with practical advice on how to best apply them. The programs, which have been developed using the MATLAB(R) unified platform, can be found on extras.springer.com. The main audience of this book includes graduate students in water resources engineering, environmental engineering, agricultural engineering, and natural resources engineering. This book may be adapted for use as a senior undergraduate and graduate textbook by focusing on selected topics. Alternatively, it may also be used as a valuable resource book for practicing engineers, consulting engineers, scientists and others involved in water resources and environmental engineering.
- Author BiographyDr. Shahab Araghinejad is Assistant Professor in the Department of Irrigation and Reclamation Engineering, at the College of Agriculture & Natural Resources of the University of Tehran, Iran.
- Author(s)Shahab Araghinejad
- Date of Publication26/11/2013
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectEarth Sciences
- Series TitleWater Science and Technology Library
- Series Part/Volume Number67
- Place of PublicationDordrecht
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- Content Note63 black & white illustrations, 79 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight652 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Contained items statementContains Hardback and Online resource
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $99.95
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.15
- AU $85.90Trending at AU $90.74
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.17
- AU $64.63Trending at AU $68.59
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $99.90Trending at AU $101.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.