All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $13.42Trending at AU $20.05
- AU $30.42Trending at AU $31.31
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.14
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
About this product
- DescriptionWe are swimming in a world of data, and this handy guide will keep students afloat while they learn to make sense of it all. David Herzog, a journalist with more than 15 years of experience using data analysis to transform information into captivating storytelling, introduces readers to the fundamentals of data literacy. Assuming the reader has advanced kwledge of data analysis or statistics, the book shows how to create insight from publicly-available data. Extensively illustrated, step-by-step instructions within a concise, yet comprehensive, reference will help readers to master: * What data is and what it isn't, * How to develop a database set of mind, * How to gather data, How to evaluate data, * How to clean up dirty data, * How to visualize data, and * How to use tools for data analysis and visualization.
- Author BiographyDavid Herzog is an associate professor at the Missouri School of Journalism, where he also serves as the academic adviser to the National Institute for Computer-Assisted Reporting. He was a fellow at the Reynolds Journalism Institute, where he launched OpenMissouri.org, a directory of data held offline by state agencies. Before arriving at the School of Journalism in 2002, he worked as a newspaper reporter at The Providence Journal, The Baltimore Sun and The Morning Call in Allentown, PA. He is a native of Bethlehem, PA.
- Author(s)David L. Herzog
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication24/03/2015
- SubjectComputing: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight268 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine8 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.