All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionData analysis is more than means and standard deviations. This ebook is a case study of how you can push R into new territory to analyze online real-world data. The authors scrape public foreclosure records for Philadelphia, geocode them, plot them by county, and analyze the results, using R facilities to interact with web servers, parse HTML and XML, and more.
- Author BiographyJeremy Leipzig is a bioinformatics software developer at DuPont Crop Genetics. He has conducted academic research in viral integration, metagenomics, schizophrenia, and alternative splicing. While a graduate student, he developed one of the first faculty-review websites and wrote Work Issues in Software Engineering , a survey-based study of death march projects. Xiao-Yi Li is a biostatistician with an M.Sc. from University of Michigan. In fact, her entire education experience has be revolving statistics, a percentile or otherwise. Currently, she works in the bioinformatics group at DuPont as a statistical consultant. Her work consists mostly of design of experiments and analysis for phenotypic screens, quality control in microarrays, and association mapping.
- Author(s)Jeremy Leipzig,Xiao-Yi Li
- PublisherO'Reilly Media, Inc, USA
- Date of Publication26/04/2011
- SubjectComputing: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationSebastopol
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintO'Reilly Media, Inc, USA
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight91 g
- Width178 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine5 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.95
- AU $19.54Trending at AU $22.76
- AU $32.25Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $11.14Trending at AU $14.18
- AU $15.04Trending at AU $16.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.