All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRead today's business headlines and you will see that many issues stem from people t having the right data at the right time. Data issues don't always make the front page, yet they exist within every organisation. We need to improve how we manage data -- and the most valuable tool for explaining, vaildating and managing data is a data model. This book provides the business or IT professional with a practical working kwledge of data modelling concepts and best practices. This book is written in a conversational style that encourages you to read it from start to finish and master these ten objectives: Kw when a data model is needed and which type of data model is most effective for each situation; Read a data model of any size and complexity with the same confidence as reading a book; Build a fully rmalised relational data model, as well as an easily navigatable dimensional model; Apply techniques to turn a logical data model into an efficient physical design; Leverage several templates to make requirements gathering more efficient and accurate; Explain all ten categories of the Data Model Scorecard(R); Learn strategies to improve your working relationships with others; Appreciate the impact unstructured data has, and will have, on our data modelling deliverables; Learn basic UML concepts; Put data modelling in context with XML, metadata, and agile development.
- Author BiographySteve Hoberman balances the formality and precision of data modeling with the realities of building software systems with severe time, budget, and people constraints. In his consulting and teaching, he focuses on templates, tools, and guidelines to reap the benefits of data modeling with minimal investment. He taught his first data modeling class in 1992 and has educated more than 10,000 people about data modeling and business intelligence techniques since then, spanning every continent except Africa and Antarctica. Steve is the author of seven books on data modeling, including the bestseller Data Modeling Made Simple. He is the founder of the Design Challenges group, inventor of the Data Model Scorecard(R), Conference Chair of the Data Modeling Zone conference, recipient of the 2012 Data Administration Management Association (DAMA) International Professional Achievement Award, and highest rated presenter at Enterprise Data World 2014. Steve can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org, @DataMdlRockStar on Twitter, or through Steve Hoberman on Linked-In.
- Author(s)Steve Hoberman
- PublisherTechnics Publications LLC
- Date of Publication01/08/2009
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationBradley Beach
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTechnics Publications LLC
- Content Notetables & charts
- Weight734 g
- Width260 mm
- Height180 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $69.62Trending at AU $74.74
- AU $32.26Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.46
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.65
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.44
- AU $24.80Trending at AU $29.36
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.46
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.