Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $79.80Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by grey_elk_books_au_and_uk
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $25.94+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Sponsored by eBay Stores
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is for practitioners and academics who have learned the conventions and rules of data modelling and are looking for a deeper understanding of the discipline. The coverage of theory includes a detailed review of the extensive literature on data modelling and logical database design, referencing nearly 500 publications, with a strong focus on their relevance to practice. The practice component incorporates the largest-ever study of data modelling practitioners, involving over 450 participants in interviews, surveys and data modelling tasks. The results challenge many long-standing held assumptions about data modelling and will be of interest to academics and practitioners alike. Graeme Simsion brings to the book the practical perspective and intellectual clarity that have made his Data Modelling Essentials a classic in the field. He begins with a question about the nature of data modelling (design or description), and uses it to illuminate such issues as the definition of data modelling, its philosophical underpinnings, inputs and deliverables, the necessary behaviours and skills, the role of creativity, product diversity, quality measures, personal styles, and the differences between experts and vices. Data Modeling: Theory and Practice is essential reading for anyone involved in data modelling practice, research, or teaching.
- Author BiographyGraeme Simsion is uniquely qualified to draw together the theory and practice of data modelling. His 30 years industry experience includes data modelling, database design and administration, data management, process design, and IT strategy. For twenty years he was CEO of a prominent Australian information systems consultancy, and oversaw numerous data modelling projects as well as continuing to consult in his own right. He is well-known as a presenter at industry forums, and a leader of data modelling master classes around the world. Graeme has maintained a close relationship with academe throughout his career, holding several honorary university appointments, speaking at academic conferences, supporting research, and delivering undergraduate and postgraduate courses in data modelling. He has been publishing occasional journal articles since 1981, and between 2002 and 2006 was a full-time researcher in data modelling at the University of Melbourne. He holds postgraduate qualifications in both information systems and business administration, and was awarded a Ph.D. for the research reported in this book.
- Author(s)Graeme Simsion
- PublisherTechnics Publications LLC
- Date of Publication27/03/2007
- SubjectCommunication & Media
- Place of PublicationBradley Beach
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTechnics Publications LLC
- Content Notetables & charts
- Weight842 g
- Width260 mm
- Height180 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $50.62Trending at AU $53.30
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $32.31Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.