All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the first Visual Basic.NET book to provide a comprehensive discussion of the major data structures and algorithms. Here, instead of having to translate material on C++ or Java, the professional or student VB.NET programmer will find a tutorial on how to use data structures and algorithms and a reference for implementation using VB.NET for data structures and algorithms from the .NET Framework Class Library as well as those which must be developed by the programmer. In an object-oriented fashion, the author presents arrays and arraylists, linked lists, hash tables, dictionaries, trees, graphs, sorting and searching as well as more advanced algorithms, such as probabilistic algorithms and dynamic programming. His approach is very practical, for example using timing tests rather than Big O analysis to compare the performance of data structures and algorithms. This book can be used in both beginning and advanced computer programming courses that use the VB.NET language and, most importantly, by the professional VB programmer.
- Author BiographyMichael McMillan is an instructor of Computer Science at Pulaski Technical College in Arkansas. He has written a textbook on Perl programming and co-authored an introductory textbook on Visual Basic.NET. He has also published over twenty articles in different trade journals on computer programming in Visual Basic, Perl and VBScript.
- Author(s)Michael McMillan
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication07/03/2005
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note75 b/w illus.
- Weight710 g
- Width177 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.