Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $58.90Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $97.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRevised April 2015 Update of link to source code The short code link in the book longer works. The code can be accessed here: https: //onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=8ACA1678C859BCF7!278&authkey=!AAMYL7b58wzbeBM&ithint=folder%2cin Data structures is concerned with the storage, representation and manipulation of data in a computer. We discuss some of the more versatile and popular data structures and explain how to implement and use them to solve a variety of useful problems. The book restricts itself to what can be covered in a one-semester course, without overwhelming the student with complexity and analysis. The approach is practical rather than theoretical. We show how to implement the data structures and operations on them using C. Here's what readers have to say about Data Structures In C: It is second to ne in terms of clarity, conciseness, choice of topics, coverage, layout, and even price and production value. All the usual linear, tree, and graph data structures and algorithms are covered, all striking the right balance between abstraction and detail. This book has to be probably the best 'first book' I've ever come across for anyone who wants to learn data structures! The author makes everything very easy to understand. It is written very simply yet effectively with great code examples. The book is well written, and the chapters are very well organized. The simplicity and the way that this book teach the basics I think makes it the best first book on Data Structures. All computer science students who wish to grasp a good understanding of these topics in the quickest of time, this it the book for you. Kalicharan makes everything as simple as possible, but t simpler. Simplicity and crystal clarity are his trademark...It is about helping you to understand Data Structures and, for me, it is simply the best book for doing that. The author seems to have a knack for boiling the topic down to its barest essentials and explaining those ideas in a way that makes it easy (and actually fun) to understand. All the major data structure types are so well presented that it is difficult to find any other book(s) or website(s) which explains them better. It has the best description of pointers (one of the pitfalls for C beginners) I have ever read. Unlike other C books, Kalicharan gives a brilliant discussion of pointers.
- Author BiographyDr. Noel Kalicharan is a Senior Lecturer in Computer Science at the University of the West Indies, St. Augustine, Trinidad. For more than 40 years, he has taught programming courses to people at all levels. He has been teaching programming, among other things, at the University since 1976. In 1988, he developed and hosted a 26-programme television series entitled Computers - Bit by Bit. Among other things, this series taught programming to the general public. He is always looking for innovative ways to teach logical thinking skills which go hand in hand with programming skills. His efforts resulted in two games - BrainStorm! and Not Just Luck - which won him the Prime Minister's Award for Invention and Innovation in 2000 and 2002. He is a Computer Science author for Cambridge University Press which published his international successes, Introduction to Computer Studies and C By Example. The C book is ranked among the best in the world for learning the C programming language. It has received glowing reviews from readers as far away as Australia, Canada, India and Scotland. This book is written in a more leisurely style. Born in Lengua Village, Princes Town, Trinidad, he received his primary education at the Lengua Presbyterian School and his secondary education at Naparima College. He is a graduate of The University of the West Indies, Jamaica, the University of British Columbia, Canada and The University of the West Indies, Trinidad.
- Author(s)Noel Kalicharan
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication11/08/2008
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight658 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.47New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $23.03New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $20.09New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.96
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.47
- AU $60.86Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $23.03
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $30.87
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.