All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis text covers exactly what students needs to kw in an introductory database system course. The book focuses on database design and exposes students to a variety of approaches for getting the data model correct. The book addresses issues related to database performance (Query Processing) and transaction management for multi-user environments. It also introduces n-relational XML format to students. The book intriduces many real-world enterprise database case studies and practice problems to aid learning. It provides hands-on experience of database design issues with several ready-made lab exercises. Challenging assignments are also provided at the end of chapters. Multiple-choice self-tests are provided for assessment throughout.
- Author BiographyMargaret Bernard, Ph.D., is Senior Lecturer with the Department of Computer Science and the Deputy Dean (Graduate Studies and Research), with the Faculty of Science and Technology, The University of the West Indies. She has been in the profession of teaching at university level for more than three decades. Dr. Bernard has taught courses in Database systems at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels at the University of West Indies, St. George's University in Grenada and at the University of Central Florida in USA. She is also the lead investigator in a research project, 'AgriNeTT' which focuses on Open Data and building mobile apps for farmers. She has contributed chapters in the books based on computer technology in education. She has also received an award in the Software Systems category under the Prime Ministers' Awards for Innovation and Invention . Dr. Bernard is also a member of the Caribbean Academy of Sciences and UWI representative on LACCIR (Latin America and Caribbean Collaborative ICT Research). Eshwar Bachu, is with the Department of Computer Science, University of West Indies. With wide teaching experience at undergraduate and postgraduate levels, he has developed and instructed professional short courses which prepare individuals to write professional Oracle Certification exams. He has also contributed chapters in the book based on computer technology.
- Author(s)Esther Bachu,Margaret Bernard
- PublisherPrentice-Hall of India Pvt.Ltd
- Date of Publication30/03/2016
- SubjectComputing: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintPrentice-Hall of India Pvt.Ltd
- Width178 mm
- Height235 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $24.60Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.