All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLearning Database fundamentals just got a whole lot easier! Now you can design, build, and manage a fully functional database with ease. Thoroughly updated to cover the latest techlogies and techniques, Databases Demystified, Second Edition gives you the hands-on help you need to get started. Written in a step-by-step format, this practical guide covers methods that can be used with any database, including Microsoft Access, MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server, and Oracle. You'll learn about relational database components, database queries, SQL, the database life cycle, logical database design using rmalization, and physical database design. Data and process modeling, database security, Online Analytical Processing (OLAP), and XML are also covered. Detailed examples and concise explanations make it easy to understand the material, and end-of-chapter quizzes and a final exam help reinforce learning. It's a -brainer! You'll find out how to: create and run database queries using the forms-based query tool in Microsoft Access; write SQL statements and queries; use entity relationship diagrams (ERDs) for data modeling; design physical tables; connect databases to users, computer systems, and applications; secure database data; handle cursor processing, transaction management, and performance tuning; integrate XML documents and objects into databases. Simple eugh for a beginner, but challenging eugh for an advanced student, Databases Demystified, Second Edition is your self-paced guide to learning universal database concepts.
- Author BiographyAndrew J. (Andy) Oppel is a senior data modeler for Blue Shield of California and has taught database technology for the University of California, Berkeley, Extension for more than 25 years. He is the author of Databases: A Beginner's Guide, Data Modeling: A Beginner's Guide and SQL Demystified, and the co-author of SQL: A Beginner's Guide, Third Edition.
- Author(s)Andy Oppel
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/11/2000
- SubjectComputing: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleDemystified
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteill
- Weight567 g
- Width185 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.73
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $26.86
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.