All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.86
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.95
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.10
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.23
- AU $9.81Trending at AU $13.31
About this product
- DescriptionOver the years since its first appearance, Datums and Map Projections has become a key book for many students and professionals around the world. Its theme - a practical guide to coordinate reference systems - is as important w as when it was first published, probably more so when we consider the ever growing use of satellite navigation systems and the introduction of web mapping services such as Google Earth.While retaining the benefits of the first edition - clear presentation assuming prior kwledge, a problem-solving approach, practical examples and the combination of GPS-derived data with data from other sources - the rewritten and expanded second edition offers very much more: a different structure to give a better grouping of common themes; greater scope to cover all possible different types of coordinate reference system that are used in mapping and related areas; more examples and case studies from around the world; adoption of the termilogy of the ISO 19111 standard (Spatial referencing by coordinates); and use of colour illustrations. This remains a vital text for students and practitioners in all areas of geomatics - surveying, remote sensing, GIS, GPS - and much more. Its accessible nature also makes it suitable for anyone with an interest in the subject and its applications.
- Author(s)J.C. Iliffe
- PublisherWhittles Publishing
- Date of Publication29/04/2008
- Place of PublicationCaithness
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWhittles Publishing
- Content Noteliberally illustrated with full colour
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.