Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.64Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionThis reflection, though brutally honest, provides insight to the conflicts that face the children of ministers, pastors, religious clergy, deacons, and church leaders. It challenges fellow Christians, to nurture the lives of these children without punishing judgements. This work provokes congregants and leaders to nurture preachers' kids, and provide heartfelt guidance and vigilant prayer. It encourages prayer- warriors, to guard over the hearts of your preachers' kids. The book leads the reader toward self-examination and self-correction, love and respect of oneself. The author makes a teworhty disclaimer, 'I do t have a license in counseling, a degree in psychology or theology. I am t an elder or deacon in any church, r do I hold office as a board member on any religious organization. I am t a minister, pastor or evangelist. I am neither an acclaimed author r an authority of any kind. Forgive me if I have misquoted scripture or taken verses out of context. I hope the Bible verses I have quoted throughout this booklet would t seem preachy; but then again, I am a preacher's daughter-smile. I trust that, these scriptures will grab at your hearts and soothe your soul-wounds. I hope they will provide a new perspective and they would be as you have never heard them or thought of them before'. The author writes from a from a unique perspective that of a peracher's kid. 'I am the voice of a group that is easily misunderstood and even shunned. We are the group that, 'should kw better'. Just being born into the subculture of 'preachers' kids' we are automatically judged by all, (the righteous and the unrighteous alike). We are 'expected to...' by default, 'be good, be upright, make mistakes, be all things to all men all of the time. We are to be mature in all judgments from the moment of birth, and on and on it goes. Few can comprehend our journey toward our Father on a road less traveled'. This journey will be enlightening and comforting to all who read it. It will bring hope to those who are confused and lost. The book although empathetic to all parties, makes all accountable for their behaviors towards others and to the Heavenly Father. It is with great love and sensitivity that the author leads the reaader to finding relationship with Jesus. Just for a moment the reader can walk in the shoes of peachers' kids with understanding and empathy. It brings much-needed direction and guidance. The author attempts to bridge the gap between 'all of you' and 'preachers' kids. It also attempts to bridge the disonnect between preachers' kids and Jesus. This work is raw and honest as well as a relection of a lost generation who need to kw the true power of redemption and the priceless gift of grace and love.
- Author(s)Anna Picard
- Date of Publication14/10/2011
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Place of PublicationBloomington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight371 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsWith printed dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.