All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $85.49
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.76
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.53
- AU $12.90Trending at AU $15.61
- AU $29.05Trending at AU $31.31
- AU $8.87Trending at AU $15.80
- AU $14.10Trending at AU $17.43
About this product
- DescriptionWhen Zebia takes control of her own fate, will the gods punish her audacity? Zebia, the proud daughter of a Syrian sheikh, refuses to marry against her will. She won't submit to a lifetime of subservience. When her father dies, she sets out on her own, pursuing the power she believes to be her birthright, dreaming of the Roman Empire's downfall and her ascendance to the throne. Defying her family, Zebia arranges her own marriage to the most influential man in the city of Palmyra. But their union is anything but peaceful-his other wife begrudges the marriage and the birth of Zebia's son, and Zebia finds herself ever more drawn to her guardsman, Zabdas. As war breaks out, she's faced with terrible choices. From the decadent halls of Rome to the golden sands of Egypt, Zebia fights for power, for love, and for her son. But will her hubris draw the wrath of the gods? Will she learn a woman's place, or can she finally stake her claim as Empress of the East?
- Author BiographyLibbie Hawker writes historical and literary fiction featuring deeply human characters, with rich details of time and place. She is the author of ten novels, most of which take place in the distant past among ancient civilizations. She lives in the beautiful San Juan Islands with her husband.
- Author(s)Libbie Hawker
- PublisherAmazon Publishing
- Date of Publication01/12/2015
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Place of PublicationSeattle
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLake Union Publishing
- Weight340 g
- Width137 mm
- Height208 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.