All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHore Daumier (1808-1879) is perhaps best kwn for his political and social caricatures, precise and witty observations of life in nineteenth-century France. This authoritative new study provides a long-overdue assessment of his entire oeuvre, bringing together his paintings, sculptures, watercolours, drawings and lithographs, all of which were greatly admired in his lifetime. Later feted by Van Gogh and Picasso, Daumiers art continues to be appreciated by such contemporary artists as Paula Rego and Peter Doig. Lavishly illustrated with works from throughout Daumiers career, including the satirical lithographs that made his name, the book focuses on the invative paintings and drawings that formed his more private output. These lesser-kwn works reveal the artists ambitious range of subject-matter, from Cervantess Don Quixote to the complete spectrum of Parisian street society, and confirm Daumiers unique place in nineteenth-century French art.
- Author BiographyJohn Berger is a well-known art critic, novelist, painter, and poet. T. J. Clark is an art historian. Peter Doig is a Scottish-born painter. Catherine Lampert is former director of the Whitechapel Gallery. Michael Pantazzi is former chief curator at the National Gallery of Canada. Edouard Papet is chief curator at the Musee d Orsay. Judith Weschler is an art historian. Sarah Lea is curatorial assistant at the Royal Academy of Arts, London.
- Author(s)John Berger,Peter Doig,T. J. Clark
- PublisherRoyal Academy of Arts
- Date of Publication04/11/2013
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRoyal Academy of Arts
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1530 g
- Width249 mm
- Height287 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.64
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.03
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.72Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.