Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $35.21Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by fishpondnewzealand
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $8.99Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by sunrisebookshop
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRemember when you were a kid, and you used to go round to a friend's house to see if they were playing? Well, as adults we're t supposed to do that. Which is a shame...because Dave Gorman likes playing. He really likes games. So he kcked on the biggest door you could ever imagine - the internet - and asked 76,000 people if they fancied a game. This is the story of what happened next. Dave was up for anything and gamely played them at whatever they chose. He played some classics - Mopoly, Scrabble, domies and cribbage. He played many games he'd never heard of before - Khet, Kubb, Tikal or Smite anyone? He played board games and physical games. He's thrown sticks, balls, frisbees and darts. He's rolled dice and he's drawn cards. From Liverpool to Hampstead and from Croydon to Nottingham, Dave travelled the length and breadth of Britain meeting strangers in strange places - their homes, at work, in the back rooms of pubs - and getting some hardcore game action. From casual players to serious game geeks, from the rank amateur to the world champion, he discovered a nation of gamers more than happy to welcome him into their midst. He's travelled all around the country and met all sorts of people - and it turns out us Brits are a competitive bunch! And it seems that playing games can teach you a lot about what makes the British tick. Of course, Dave hasn't been keeping score. Much.
- Author BiographyDave Gorman is an award-winning comedian, storyteller and writer. He has numerous TV writing credits and was part of the double BAFTA-winning team behind The Mrs Merton Show. His live shows have won many awards and he is the only performer to twice win the Jury Prize for Best One Person Show at the prestigious HBO US Comedy Arts Festival. He was the host of Genius, which ran for three series on Radio 4 and then two series on BBC2. He has appeared in numerous other TV shows, including Absolutely Fabulous, The Frank Skinner Show, Late Show with David Letterman, The Tonight Show with Jay Leno and The Daily Show with Jon Stewart. His documentary film, America Unchained, won the Audience Award for Best Documentary Feature at the Austin Film Festival. His 2013 TV show, Modern Life Is Goodish, made for UKTV's Dave channel, saw him dissecting the foibles of modern life in six hour-long comic performances. It quickly established itself as the channel's most successful original programme that year and a further sixteen episodes have been commissioned for broadcast in 2014 and 2015. His ambition is to one day become a team captain on Call My Bluff. www.davegorman.com
- Author(s)Dave Gorman
- PublisherEbury Publishing
- Date of Publication02/06/2011
- SubjectTravel Writing
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEbury Press
- Out-of-print date25/10/2016
- Weight386 g
- Width135 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.91Trending at AU $62.69
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.05
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.90
- AU $50.09Trending at AU $52.96
- AU $35.29Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.74
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.