David Boon's Funniest Sporting Moments: Hilarious Mishaps and Moments from Our Favourite Aussie Sports by David Boon (Paperback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $7.53Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by books2anywhereuk
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $15.00Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by coochiecool
- Est. delivery by 5 Mar
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAustralian cricketers have always liked to keep in shape. It's just that a lot of the time that shape is a circle. When Shane Warne waddled out to play South Africa in the 1997 Boxing Day test, his physique wasn't exactly streamlined, but his competitive spirit was still in fine shape. 'I've waited two years for ather chance to humiliate you,' he growled at his 'bunny', batsman Daryl Cullinan. The bunny looked Warne up and down. 'Looks like you spent it eating'. David Boon has played 100 Test matches, scoring 7000 runs and taking 0 wickets. And, yes, he had the game's best mo. But did you kw he spent his years playing international cricket collecting hilarious tales of sporting highs and lows? Now, for the first time, he has collected together almost 200 of his favourite stories across a variety of sports and has created this book to share them with you! Sit down, pour yourself a drink and enjoy being regaled by the legend himself.
- Author BiographyBOONIE - as cricketing fans across the globe affectionately know him - is a cricketing legend of the late eighties and early nineties. A right handed run machine opening batsman with lightning reflexes in at short leg, Boonie was never one to take a backward step when the going was tough. Now a Cricket Australia selector, head of Cricket Department at Tasmanian cricket and a talking plastic doll icon for VB, David's dry wit and clever repertoire keep audiences mesmerized and looking back fondly on an era full of characters in the sport of cricket. Boonie, who still heavily influences Australian cricket today, and who also holds the record for being heavily under the influence on a flight from Australia to London, is a must see speaker - engrossing, motivational and hilarious.
- Author(s)David Boon
- PublisherAllen & Unwin
- Date of Publication01/12/2012
- SubjectHumour: Collections & General
- Place of PublicationSt Leonards
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- First Published2012
- ImprintAllen & Unwin
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight217 g
- Width128 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.20
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.