David Copperfield: The Personal History, Adventures, Experience and Observation of David Copperfield the Younger of Blunderstone Rookery (Which He Never Meant to Publish on Any Account) with Illustrations by Charles Dickens (Paperback / softback, 2010)
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDavid Copperfield or The Personal History, Adventures, Experience and Observation of David Copperfield the Younger of Blunderstone Rookery (which he never meant to publish on any account) is a vel by Charles Dickens, first published as a vel in 1850. Like most of his works, it originally appeared in serial form a year earlier. Many elements within the vel follow events in Dickens' own life, and it is probably the most autobiographical of all of his vels. Illustrations for this vel (reprinted 2010) are by Hablot Knight Browne (Phiz).
- Author BiographyCharles John Huffam Dickens; 7 February 1812-9 June 1870 was the most popular English novelist of the Victorian era, and one of the most popular of all time, responsible for some of English literature's most iconic characters. Many of his novels, with their recurrent theme of social reform, first appeared in magazines in serialised form, a popular format at the time. Unlike other authors who completed entire novels before serialisation, Dickens often created the episodes as they were being serialized. The practice lent his stories a particular rhythm, punctuated by cliffhangers to keep the public looking forward to the next instalment. The continuing popularity of his novels and short stories is such that they have never gone out of print. His work has been praised for its mastery of prose and unique personalities by writers such as George Gissing and G. K. Chesterton, though the same characteristics prompted others, such as Henry James and Virginia Woolf, to criticise him for sentimentality and implausibility.
- Author(s)Charles Dickens
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication13/09/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight971 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Illustrator(s)Hablot Knight Browne Phiz
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $52.84
- AU $12.13Trending at AU $16.69
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $74.66
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $20.43
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $30.90
- AU $47.08Trending at AU $49.27
- AU $21.78Trending at AU $22.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.