All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $26.00Trending at AU $29.63
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $70.54
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $11.95
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $13.39
- AU $49.51Trending at AU $52.88
- AU $36.20Trending at AU $44.77
- AU $33.79Trending at AU $49.82
About this product
- DescriptionDickens' great coming-of-age vel, w in a beautiful new clothbound edition This is the vel Dickens regarded as his favourite child and is considered his most autobiographical. As David recounts his experiences from childhood to the discovery of his vocation as a successful velist, Dickens draws openly and revealingly on his own life. Among the gloriously vivid cast of characters are Rosa Dartle, Dora, Steerforth, and the 'umble Uriah Heep, along with Mr. Micawber, a portrait of Dickens's own father that evokes a mixture of love, stalgia, and guilt. For more than seventy years, Penguin has been the leading publisher of classic literature in the English-speaking world. With more than 1,700 titles, Penguin Classics represents a global bookshelf of the best works throughout history and across genres and disciplines. Readers trust the series to provide authoritative texts enhanced by introductions and tes by distinguished scholars and contemporary authors, as well as up-to-date translations by award-winning translators.
- Author BiographyCharles Dickens(1812 70) had astounding success with his first novel, The Pickwick Papers, and never looked back. In an extraordinarily full life he wrote, campaigned, and spoke on a huge range of issues, and was involved in many of the key aspects of Victorian life, by turns cajoling, moving, and irritating. He completed fourteen full-length novels and volume after volume of journalism. Of all his many works, he called David Copperfield his favourite child. Jeremy Tambling(introduction) is a professor of literature at the University of Manchester. Coralie Bickford-Smith(cover design) is an award-winning designer at Penguin Books, where she has created several highly acclaimed series designs. She studied typography at Reading University and lives in London.
- Date of Publication01/11/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight816 g
- Width155 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine51 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.