David Perry on Game Design: A Brainstorming Toolbox by David Perry, Rusel DeMaria (Paperback, 2009)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $62.79Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by fishpondnewzealand
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $79.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAre you looking for practical, ready-to-use ideas to help you design more invative and unique video games? David Perry on Game Design: A Brainstorming Toolbox is a brainstorming and strategy guide for game designers, filled with inspiration-generating tips that challenge you to create better games. Using their years of industry experience, David Perry and Rusel DeMaria provide a wealth of ideas and possibilities to help you improve the entertainment value, quality, and success of your games. Designed to be used as a reference guide and brainstorming tool, the book is t software or techlogy specific, and it covers every aspect of video game design, including game types, storyline creation, character development, weapons and armor, game worlds, goals and rewards, obstacles, and more. You can work your way through the book from the beginning or focus on the topics that interest you. Filled with checklists and step-by-step brainstorming tools to help you flesh out your ideas, David Perry on Game Design will inspire and challenge you to find inventive solutions and improve the entertainment value of your games, making them fresh, invative, and fun to play.
- Author BiographyRusel DeMaria has been a writer in the game industry since 1981, and has written more than 60 game-related books. The founding editor and creative director of Prima Publishing's acclaimed strategy guide division for 6 years and former senior editor of three national video game magazines, DeMaria is one of the most experienced writers/journalists in the video game industry. He has been a columnist in magazines and newspapers nationally and internationally, has consulted and written privately for several top game companies and continues to write high-profile books, working with some of the biggest companies in the business. DeMaria is now the assistant director and a design consultant/producer for Acclaim Games. He is the author of Reset: Changing the Way We Look at Video Games from Berrett-Kohler Publishers and a co-author of the upcoming David Perry on Game Design: A Brainstorming Toolbox (1584506687). David Perry is a 25-year video game industry veteran. Perry launched his professional career at just 15 years of age by writing video game programming books in his native Northern Ireland. Since then, Perry or his studio Shiny Entertainment has developed numerous games (including The Terminator, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Mc Donald's Global Gladiators, 7-Up's Cool Spot, Disney's Aladdin, Earthworm Jim, MDK, Sacrifice etc.) His last console titles were based on the Matrix franchise from Warner Brothers. His games have sold an estimated one BILLION dollars at retail. After selling Shiny to Atari, Perry is now the Chief Creative Officer of Acclaim Games and is also the founder of a new company called GameInvestors.com (to help developers find funding for their games.) Perry sits on the Advisory Boards of the Game Developers Conference, the Hollywood and Games Conference, the Gamers Expo & Westwood College. He's a regular speaker at key industry events and has even spoken at prestigious events like at the TED.COM conference, and at universities like MIT, USC, UCLA etc. In July 2008 he's being awarded a Doctorate by Queen's University at the same time as the Prime Minister of England (Tony Blair.) Here's a Google link for him that brings up 230,000 web pages: http://tinyurl.com/ywb4bg Perry's name is practically a household name among game players and professionals in the game industry, and this is his first book. Perry has always promoted talent and encouraged aspiring designers, and this book is his way of offering something real, practical and useful to designers everywhere. His biggest frustration with game development books that tell you to make innovative games, but don't tell you how. We plan to change that.
- Author(s)David Perry,Rusel DeMaria
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication23/04/2009
- SubjectComputer Games: Programming
- Place of PublicationHingham
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCharles River Media
- Weight2155 g
- Width205 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine38 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.60
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.33
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.01
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.