All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPart of the generation of British artists that includes Gilbert & George and Richard Long, and often grouped together with American artists like Sol LeWitt, David Tremlett began making colorful, geometric wall drawings at the end of the 1960s, with an emphasis on works in pastel since the 1980s. Tremlett's penchants for open spaces and n-conventional places have led him to install many works that would eventually degrade, in all corners of the world. Today, many of his installations are produced with the kwledge that they will be painted over, and that kwledge is part of the work itself. This volume collects drawings, site-specific projects and a series of photographs documenting Tremlett's recent show at Galleria G7 in Bologna.
- Author BiographyDavid Tremlett was born in Cornwall, U.K. in 1945. In 1992 he was nominated for the Turner Prize. Solo exhibitions of his work have been mounted at London's Tate Gallery (1972), New York's Museum of Modern Art (1973), Amsterdam's Stedelijk Museum (1979) and Paris' Centre Pompidou (1985), among other international venues. A solo exhibition of his work was mounted in 2008 at Gering & Lopez Gallery in New York.
- Author(s)Rosalba Paiano
- Date of Publication01/03/2009
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationBologna
- Country of PublicationItaly
- Content Note70
- Weight500 g
- Width220 mm
- Height220 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
- AU $16.96Trending at AU $23.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.