Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.26Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.68Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
About this product
- DescriptionDavid Weiss: Works, 1968-1979 illuminates the pioneering Swiss artist's early work before his well-kwn collaboration with Peter Fischli. The book features his cartoon imagery, ethereal abstractions and electric cityscapes hidden away until his untimely death, as well as previously unpublished writings, unveiling a young David Weiss developing the irreverent vocabulary that would later define the groundbreaking work of Fischli/Weiss.Intimate anecdotes of Weiss' youth told by close friends Urs Luthi and Hans Ulrich Obrist explore his creative determination and repeated voluntary exiles, while curator Douglas Fogle considers the ecology of influences on his early work, from Robert Walser to Bugs Bunny. The book is published in the Swiss Institute series, which adds retrospective context (essays, artist portfolios, archival materials and other documentation) to exhibitions at Swiss Institute in New York.
- PublisherSwiss Institute / Karma, New York
- Date of Publication26/04/2016
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSwiss Institute / Karma, New York
- Weight821 g
- Width160 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byKaren Marta,Simon Castets
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.