Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.13Trending at AU $29.65
About this product
- DescriptionThis is an illustrated biography of Michael Davitt (1846-1906), who was one of the most beloved and respected personalities in Irish history. He was immortalized as the Father of the Land League and was also a respected international journalist, author, supporter of Home Rule and Member of Parliament. Davitt loved America and was a frequent visitor. He married Mary Jane Yore, an Irish-American from Oakland, California. His family settled in Pennsylvania. His father is buried in Scranton and his mother is buried in Manayunk, Philadelphia. Davitt's legacy to Ireland was immense: a country almost free of the landlord ascendancy class, occupying-ownership of the land, a foundation for the development of an independent, inclusive, democratic State, and a wonderful role model for patriotic public service. Widely ackwledged as a hero in Ireland long before his death, Michael Davitt has a secure place in the history of his country and is rightly seen as one of its greatest patriots.
- Author(s)O'Hara Bernard O'Hara
- PublisherTudor Gate Press
- Date of Publication02/11/2009
- SubjectRegional History
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTudor Gate Press
- Weight558 g
- Width254 mm
- Height178 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.