All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $72.00Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.77Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionCelebrated Canadian folk singer Bob Bossin tells the story of his father's life in the gambling underworld of the 1930s and 40s. By turns a touching memoir of father and son and an insightful social history, Davy the Punk is packed with street-wise stories and troubling revelations about Canada in the 20th century.
- Author BiographyBorn in Toronto in 1946, Bob Bossin has spent 40 years writing and performing music and stories, including as the founder of the legendary Canadian folk group, Stringband. Called funny, informative and inspiring at the same time by Pete Seeger, Bossin has recorded a dozen albums, performed all over the world and added a number of songs to the Canadian folk canon. His essays and journalism have appeared in many major Canadian newspapers and magazines. He has also written several plays and poems. Concurrent with the release of Davy the Punk, Bossin will be touring a live one-man musical about his father. He lives on Gabriola Island B.C. with his son, Davy, and his partner, visual artist Sima Elizabeth Shefrin.
- Author(s)Bob Bossin
- PublisherPorcupine's Quill Inc.,Canada
- Date of Publication01/03/2014
- SubjectBiography: General
- Place of PublicationOntario
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintPorcupine's Quill Inc.,Canada
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, colour illustrations
- Weight353 g
- Width141 mm
- Height222 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Sewn
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.