All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $50.62Trending at AU $53.30
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $45.25
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the third book in a multivolume history of modern Japanese literature by the world's authoritative translator and scholar of Japanese culture and literature. The Columbia paperback edition, with Donald Keene's new preface, includes an introduction, an appendix, glossary, index, and a selected list of translations into English.
- Author BiographyHailed by Anatole Broyard in the New York Times Book Review as the century's leading expert on Japanese literature, as well as its most indefatigable translator, Donald Keene is Shincho Professor of Japanese Literature and University Professor Emeritus at Columbia University. He is the author of the multivolume history of Japanese literature Dawn to the West and translator of numerous books, including Four Major Plays of Chikamatsu, Chushingura (The Treasury of Loyal Retainers): A Puppet Play, and Three Plays by Kobo Abe, all published by Columbia.
- Author(s)Donald Keene
- PublisherColumbia University Press
- Date of Publication21/12/1998
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintColumbia University Press
- Content Noteglossary, index
- Weight1790 g
- Width154 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine60 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.