All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionFor the past fifteen years, Dawoud Bey has been making striking, large-scale color portraits of students at high schools across the United States. Depicting teenagers from a wide ecomic, social, and ethnic spectrum and intensely attentive to their poses and gestures he has created a highly diverse group portrait of a generation that intentionally challenges teenage stereotypes. Bey spends two to three weeks in each school, taking formal portraits of individual students, each made in a classroom during one forty-five-minute period. At the start of the sitting, each subject writes a brief autobiographical statement. By turns poignant, funny, or harrowing, these revealing words are an integral part of the project, and the subjects statement accompanies each photograph in the book. Together, the words and images in Class Pictures offer unusually respectful and perceptive portraits that establish Dawoud Bey as one of the best portraitists at work today.
- Author(s)Director Jock Reynolds,Taro Nettleton
- Date of Publication03/09/2007
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Note70 photographs
- Weight1250 g
- Width245 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Photographer(s)Dawoud Bey
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.