All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.76
About this product
- DescriptionSequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks must be experienced on foot- only then can you come face-to-face with the grandeur of the incredible scenery. Day Hikes in Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks is a clear, concise guide to 61 of the most rewarding day hikes in these two parks. (The parks are adjacent without a ticeable boundary between them.) These hikes will introduce you to the giant sequoias, the world's largest living organisms, and some of the most impressive canyons, rock formations, and paramic overlooks found anywhere. Highlights include valleys with towering canyon walls and granite moliths, verdant alpine meadows fringed with giant sequoias, cascading creeks and waterfalls, and phemenal views. Hikes range from easy to moderately strenuous, accommodating every level of experience. Each hike includes a summary of its highlights, a map, and clear driving and hiking directions.
- Author BiographyRobert Stone grew up hiking and backpacking in the Sierra Nevada Mountains in Northern California. As a boy he learned and practiced the basics of wilderness survival and low impact camping. Robert has lived in the Rocky Mountains of Montana since the late 1970s. When he is not traveling, he continues to horsepack and hike extensively throughout Yellowstone National Park, Grand Teton National Park, and the Beartooth Mountains. His love of travel and deep interest in the outdoors led Robert to work on hiking guides year-round as a writer, photographer, and publisher. He has hiked every trail in every Day Hikes book.
- Author(s)Robert Stone
- PublisherDay Hike Books
- Date of Publication01/04/2001
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Series TitleDay Hikes
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDay Hike Books
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight277 g
- Width141 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.