Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $88.51Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $73.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIf you look hard eugh into the history of anything, you will discover things that seem to be connected but are t. So claims a character in Frederick Reiken's wonderful, surprising vel, which seems, in fact, to be determined to prove just the opposite. How else to explain the threads that link a middle-aged woman on vacation in Florida with a rock and roll singer visiting her comatose brother in Utah, where he's been transported after a motorcycle injury in Israel, where he works with a man whose long-lost mother, in a retirement community in New Jersey, recognizes him in a televised report about an Israeli-Palestinian skirmish? And that's t the half of it.In Day for Night, critically acclaimed writer Reiken spins an unlikely and yet utterly convincing story about people lost and found. They are all refugees from their own lives or history's cruelties, yet they wind up linked to each other in compelling and unpredictable ways that will keep you guessing until the very end.
- Author BiographyFrederick Reiken is the award-winning author of the novels The Odd Sea and The Lost Legends of New Jersey. His short stories have been published in the New Yorker, and his essays appear in the anthology Living on the Edge of the World. He has worked as a reporter and columnist and is currently a member of the writing faculty at Emerson College. Laural Merlington has recorded well over one hundred audiobooks, including works by Margaret Atwood and Alice Hoffman, and is the recipient of several AudioFile Earphones Awards. An Audie Award nominee, she has also directed over one hundred audiobooks. She has performed and directed for thirty years in theaters throughout the country. In addition to her extensive theater and voice-over work, Laural teaches college in her home state of Michigan. George K. Wilson has narrated over one hundred fiction and nonfiction audiobook titles, from Thomas L. Friedman to Thomas Pynchon, and has won several AudioFile Earphones Awards. He spent ten years in broadcast news, including for the American Forces Radio and Television Service and for rock radio in San Diego and Los Angeles. An American Academy of Dramatic Arts, West, graduate, his acting career includes stage, film, television, commercials, improvisational comedy, and stand-up. George has written and performed in over five hundred nationally syndicated short news satire features for public radio and NPR and has received a national Corporation for Public Broadcasting Gold Award for Best Public Service Program. He has also scripted and hosted corporate videos for Sony, Merck, IBM, and Price Waterhouse. He is currently working on a suspense short story collection and a thriller novel.
- Author(s)Frederick Reiken
- PublisherTantor Media, Inc
- Date of Publication17/05/2010
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationOld Saybrook, CT
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTantor Media, Inc
- Out-of-print date04/02/2017
- Weight162 g
- Width172 mm
- Height165 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Narrator(s)Laural Merlington,George K. Wilson
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time720
- Edition StatementLibrary ed
Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $20.36Trending at AU $34.83
- AU $33.47Trending at AU $39.19
- AU $31.87Trending at AU $36.49
- AU $18.31Trending at AU $19.58
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $18.20
- AU $20.72Trending at AU $21.30
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $44.96
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.