All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDay of the Bees celebrates passion and creativity as it explores the links between love and violence, art and war, and reveals the sacrifices made for love?of person and country.
An American art historian is seeking to discover why the famous painter Zerma abandoned his beautiful muse Louise during World War II. Visiting Louise's cottage in Provence after her death, the scholar finds letters that carry across a paramic landscape of fifty years and piece together a tempestuous affair with tragic conclusions.
- Author BiographyThomas Sanchez lived for many years in Key West, Mallorca, and Paris, where the French Republic awarded him the Chevalier des Arts et des Lettres. He currently resides in Key West. He is the author of King Bongo, Mile Zero, Dayof the Bees, Zoot-Suit Murders and Rabbit Boss, which was named by the San Francisco Chronicle as one of the most important books of the twentieth century.
- Author(s)Thomas Sanchez
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Series TitleVintage Contemporaries
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRandom House Inc
- Weight272 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $77.19
- AU $21.93Trending at AU $24.84
- AU $14.54Trending at AU $15.56
- AU $10.42Trending at AU $18.63
- AU $14.25Trending at AU $17.10
- AU $21.09Trending at AU $24.75
- AU $12.82Trending at AU $14.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.