All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA cherub breaks all the rules when he spends one night with a girl on earth. A soldier is brought back to life by a toymaker, but he's t grateful. A Jewish girl falls in love and into danger to survive the Paris occupation. And a child begins the story of a Gypsy and a bear, who have to finish it themselves. With her blazing imagination, irreverent humour and arresting prose, Heather O'Neill - shortlisted for the Women's Prize and the Giller - twists old tales anew, setting them on the battlefields of World War Two and in the wilderness of downtown Montreal. More magical for their realism, more profound for their darkness, they are captivating, witty and wicked.
- Author BiographyHeather O'Neill has written for This American Life and the New York Times. Her first novel, Lullabies for Little Criminals, was shortlisted for the Orange Women's Prize; her second, The Girl who was Saturday Night, was longlisted for the Baileys Women's Fiction Prize, and shortlisted for the Giller Prize. Her collection of short stories, Daydreams of Angels, won the Danuta Gleed Literary Award and was also shortlisted for the Giller Prize. She lives in Montreal with her daughter and a chihuahua named Hamlet.
- Author(s)Heather O'Neill
- PublisherQuercus Publishing
- Date of Publication04/02/2016
- SubjectShort Stories & Fiction Anthologies
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintQuercus Publishing
- Weight276 g
- Width132 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $85.49
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.76
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.53
- AU $12.90Trending at AU $15.61
- AU $29.05Trending at AU $31.31
- AU $8.87Trending at AU $15.80
- AU $14.10Trending at AU $17.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.