CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $20.36Trending at AU $34.63
- AU $32.65Trending at AU $38.97
- AU $31.87Trending at AU $36.29
- AU $18.31Trending at AU $19.47
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $18.10
- AU $20.72Trending at AU $21.18
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $44.70
About this product
- DescriptionAt the beginning of World War II, twelve-year-old Nora Lynch is one of thousands of London children sent away to the safety of the English countryside. Her surrogate family, Reverend and Mrs. Rivers and their daughter, Grace, are like one she has ever met, offering shelter, affection, and the sister she never had. But Nora is too young and too naive to understand the cracks beneath the surface of her idyllic new life at the rectory or the disappointments of the Riverses' marriage. And as her friendship with Grace grows more intense, she aches to become even closer. What happens next is a secret that she keeps for more than fifty years, a secret that she can begin to reveal only when, elderly and alone, Nora kws that she is close to the end.A beautiful meditation on love, friendship, and family, Days of Grace is a stunning debut that brings a tumultuous era to life. Nora tells her story in alternating chapters from the past and present, projecting her childhood stalgia with a cinematic glow.
- Author BiographyCatherine Hall was born in the Lake District in 1973 and brought up in an extended family on a remote hill farm. After reading English at Cambridge University, she moved to London, where she worked in documentary film production and then for an international peace-building organization before becoming a freelance writer and editor for human rights and development charities. She now divides her time between London and Italy. Josephine Bailey has won ten AudioFile Earphones Awards and a prestigious Audie Award, and Publishers Weekly named her Best Female Narrator in 2002. Her native British accent has been used in many audiobooks and voice-overs, including The Wild Thornberries, Uncle Gus, and Disney-Dreamworks projects. In addition to her award-winning voice work, Josephine is involved in television, film, and theater. On television she has played parts in Robin Hood, A Tale of Two Cities, and Sword of Freedom. In film she was featured in Shadow Hours, Life's a Circus, and Corridors of Blood. Her theater experience includes lead roles in Betrayal, Otherwise Engaged, and Blithe Spirit. Josephine received her training from the Corona Stage School in London and the Tracy Roberts Actors Studio in Los Angeles. Josephine currently resides in South Carolina.
- Author(s)Catherine Hall
- PublisherTantor Media, Inc
- Date of Publication27/05/2010
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Place of PublicationOld Saybrook, CT
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTantor Media, Inc
- Weight162 g
- Width172 mm
- Height165 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Narrator(s)Josephine Bailey
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time630
- Edition StatementLibrary ed
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.