All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDe-Signing Design: Cartographies of Theory and Practice throws new light on the terrain between theory and practice in transdisciplinary discourses of design and art. The editors, Elizabeth Grierson, Harriet Edquist, and Helene Frichot, bring together diverse approaches to design theory, practice, and philosophy from leading scholars in Australia, New Zealand, Japan, and the United Kingdom. Themes include spatiality, difference, cultural aesthetics, and identity in the expanded field of place-making and being. The concept that design can be de-signed is presented as a way of exploring different approaches to an experimental and experiential thinking-doing that promises to further open up research possibilities in the fields of design and art thinking and practice. The book enacts a series of cartographic devices to articulate the spaces between theory and practice.
- Author BiographyElizabeth Grierson is professor of art and philosophy at RMIT University. Harriet Edquist is professor of architectural history at RMIT University. Helene Frichot is assistant professor of critical studies in architecture at KTH Royal Institute of Technology.
- PublisherLexington Books
- Date of Publication15/01/2016
- Series TitleTextures: Philosophy/Literature/Culture
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLexington Books
- Content Note13 black & white illustrations
- Weight531 g
- Width159 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Edited byElizabeth Grierson,Harriet Edquist,Helen Frichot
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $110.48
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $35.44Trending at AU $40.48
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $78.90
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.81
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.