All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.79Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.68Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionThis edition revised May 20, 2013. Deacons: Serving God, Serving God's People looks at the office of deacon in the New Testament. Confusion about the offices in the church can lead to frustration, hindered growth, and a gradual erosion of faithfulness to the Bible. This book helps to alleviate such confusion. Acts 6 is examined closely to see how deacons and elders are to relate together. 1 Timothy 3:8-13 is exposited to see what kind of person should be a deacon and what their role in the church might be. Appendices provide a possible approach to get from identifying to commissioning deacons, and look at deacons in three other traditions. The book is written to be understandable for a broad audience, but is especially applicable to church leaders of all kinds. Daniel Baker (B.A. Kenyon College, M.A. Ashland Theological Seminary) serves as a pastor at Sovereign Grace Church (Apex, NC).
- Author BiographyDaniel J. Baker (BA Kenyon College, MA Ashland Theological Seminary) serves as a pastor in Sovereign Grace Church (Apex, NC).
- Author(s)Daniel J Baker
- Date of Publication21/11/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight104 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.