Dead Man Running: An Insider's Story on One of the World's Most Feared Outlaw Motorcycle Gangs, the Bandidos by Duncan McNab, Ross Coulthart (Paperback, 2008)
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $26.50Free postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by lilaboti2011
- Est. delivery by 30 Jan
- AU $8.65+ AU $8.15 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by mildred9*123
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Australian Federal police have identified motorcycle gangs as the greatest organised crime threat in Australia, more potentially harmful to the community than any terrorist cell. This book tells the bloody story of the criminal involvement of the feared Bandidos gang and how one man broke their code and turned informant. For 10 years, Steve Utah was a Bandidos insider, a trusted confidante of senior bike gang members along the east coast of Australia. He arranged the security of their clubhouses and electronic surveillance and counter surveillance. He witnessed meetings in which interstate and overseas drug and weapons smuggling was planned. Utah loved the wildness of the Bandido life and their contempt for the law, but as he was gradually goaded into increasingly serious crimes as a test of his loyalty to the gang, his life started to spiral out of control. He witnessed vicious beatings, helped dump corpses, knew about the theft of rocket launchers and machine guns. He saw men executed in front of him. It all became too much and, in an attempt to regain control of his life, Utah resorted to the unthinkable: he rolled over to the federal Police and told them all he knew about the Bandidos. He had intimate kwledge of every facet of their business in Australia and many aspects of their activities in North America. This shocking, unflinching, tragic story is Steve Utah's confession. He kws he is a dead man running - that inevitably the Bandido code will be houred and he will be silenced.
- Author BiographyRoss Coulthart is a winner of the Walkley Award for excellence in journalism. Duncan McNab is a former policeman and private investigator, and the author of The Dodger: Inside the World of Roger Rogerson and The Usual Suspect: The Life of Abe Saffron .
- Author(s)Duncan McNab,Ross Coulthart
- PublisherAllen & Unwin
- Date of Publication29/08/2008
- SubjectTrue Crime
- Place of PublicationSydney
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- First Published2008
- ImprintAllen & Unwin
- Out-of-print date14/07/2010
- Weight436 g
- Width153 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.30
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $27.75
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $49.87
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $29.40Trending at AU $30.44
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.87
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.