All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRuminating on the fundamental mysteries of human life - the tenuous nature of memory, bereavement, and grief, as well as the vexing complexity of familial connections - this compilation explores the pleasures of slowing down, and the deep losses incurred by t taking time to look and listen. Born out of fragments, these 10 essays surround a particular breakage in continuity and attempt to leave behind the self or the I at the centre of them, while at the same time, reassembling a new whole. Touching upon various topics, including the death of a grandmother, a medical complication, and the events of September 11th, this work moves to consider how the body itself limits participation in the world, even as the self keeps demanding to be vital and to fully participate.
- Author BiographyAdria Bernardi is an author of novels, short stories, and oral histories, and is a translator of Italian poetry. She lives in Nashville, Tennessee.
- Author(s)Adria Bernardi
- PublisherKore Press
- Date of Publication15/10/2012
- Place of PublicationTucson
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintKore Press
- Weight181 g
- Width152 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $75.71New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.41Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $75.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.