All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'Scratch the surface of any family and you will find stories of intrigue, abuse and illegitimacy. It is just that, because of the nature of my grandfather's business, our secrets are more sinister.' Lilian Pizzichini's grandfather was a conman who worked with some of London's most torious gangsters. Within the pages of this haunting and revealing account of his life, she re-creates, in vivid detail and with remarkable detachment, the world of criminals and corrupt policemen that he dominated until his death in 1978. This is a book to set the mind reeling with thoughts of cunning and intrigue, corruption, hardship and secrecy. Above all, it conveys beautifully the glamour and seduction of a London shrouded in mystery and this charismatic criminal who rose from its war-torn ashes.
- Author BiographyLilian Pizzichini was born in London in 1965. She has worked as a bookseller and a journalist. She is currently working on her second book.
- PrizesWinner of Crime Writers' Association Non-Fiction Gold Dagger Award 2002 and CWA Macallan Gold Dagger for Non-Fiction 2002.
- Author(s)Lilian Pizzichini
- PublisherPan Macmillan
- Date of Publication07/03/2003
- SubjectTrue Crime
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Out-of-print date03/07/2014
- Weight202 g
- Width130 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
- AU $31.07New
- AU $21.61New
- AU $43.96New
- AU $25.09New
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $24.48Trending at AU $31.07
- AU $13.90Trending at AU $16.42
- AU $74.55Trending at AU $83.32
- AU $59.72Trending at AU $61.98
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $20.89
- AU $22.30Trending at AU $22.95
- AU $10.68Trending at AU $18.73
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.