All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $30.35Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- Description'Scratch the surface of any family and you will find stories of intrigue, abuse and illegitimacy. It is just that, because of the nature of my grandfather's business, our secrets are more sinister' Lilian Pizzichini's grandfather was a conman who worked with some of London's most torious gangsters. Within the pages of this haunting and revealing account of his life, she re-creates, in vivid detail and with remarkable detachment, the world of criminals and corrupt policemen that he dominated until his death in 1978. This is a book to set the mind reeling with thoughts of cunning and intrigue, corruption, hardship and secrecy. Above all, it conveys beautifully the glamour and seduction of a London shrouded in mystery and this charismatic criminal who rose from its war-torn ashes.
- Author BiographyLilian Pizzichini was born in London in 1965. She is the author of the critically acclaimed biography The Blue Hour: A Portrait of Jean Rhys and Music Night at the Apollo: A Memoir of Drifting.
- PrizesWinner of CWA Gold Dagger for Non-Fiction 2002.
- Author(s)Lilian Pizzichini
- PublisherPan Macmillan
- Date of Publication24/04/2014
- SubjectBiography: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight220 g
- Width127 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition StatementNew edition
- Interest AgeFrom 18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.