All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCritically acclaimed author Chris Lynch provides an action-oriented but thoughtful view of the US Navy's war in the Pacific. Hank and Theo are brothers who share everything, including a sense of duty a love of baseball. They have been inseparable for their entire lives. But when America is drawn into World War II, the young brothers find themselves fighting the same war on opposite sides of the globe. As an airedale in the Navy, Hank w lives aboard an aircraft carrier, the USS Yorktown. His job is to assist the pilots who soar off each day to engage Japanese forces in the Pacific Ocean. It is a crucial and terrifying duty in the wake of the attack on Pearl Harbor. As the days at sea become weeks and months, Hank adapts to life apart from his family. He even adapts to the fear of torpedoes. But in an era of prejudice and segregation, it's Hank's choice of friends that might prove most dangerous of all.
- Author BiographyChris Lynch is the author of numerous acclaimed books for middle-grade and teen readers, including the Vietnam and World War II series and the National Book Award finalist INEXCUSABLE. He teaches in the Lesley University creative writing MFA program, and divides his time between Massachusetts and Scotland.
- Author(s)Chris Lynch
- PublisherScholastic Press
- Date of Publication30/09/2014
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Series TitleWorld War II (Scholastic)
- Series Part/Volume Number02
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintScholastic Press
- Weight318 g
- Width145 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound,Paper over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.