All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $32.77Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionQuiet pleasant communties, sparkling under the clear blue skies of Alberta, have witnessed bloody murders and violent mayhem. From a wide variety of accounts, Babara Smith has selected eight intriguing stories that will astound and amaze you. Mystery still surrounds the fate of pro golfer Frank Willey who disappeared in 1962. Two men were convicted of his murder, but his body has never been found. No suspect, however, was ever found in the case of MaryAnn Plett. The pretty, young real-estate agent disappeared after going to show a property to a client -- but some skeletal remains were discovered seven months later. In 1948, a family could hardly have guessed that their newly puchased home would come complete with a corpse; and, in ather case, Winnie Wanner's bathroom was found splattered with blood. Although her estranged husband was seen leaving the apartment with a suspiciously large bag, Wnnie vanished from the face of the earth. These chilling tales, previously little kwn outside Alberta, also include matters of greed, rum running, shoot-outs, and hostages. They will be every bit as fascinating to the crime buff as those found anywhere.
- Author BiographyBarbara Smith lives in Edmonton, Alberta. She writes full-time and has been published in New Trail, Today's Parent, Canadian Emergency News, Western People and Teaching Today, among other publications.
- Author(s)Barbara Smith
- PublisherThe Dundurn Group
- Date of Publication01/12/1993
- SubjectTrue Crime
- Place of PublicationOntario
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintHounslow Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight287 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.