All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSometimes a lucky ritual becomes a curse. Seventh-grader Martin Cruz hates his rotten new town, Lower Brynwood, but with his mom fighting a war in Afghanistan, he has other choice but to live with his crazy aunt. Then he gets a message from a tree telling him it's cursed--and so is he. It's t just any tree either, it's the Spirit Tree, an ancient beech the football team carves for good luck before the season opener. But every year they lose. Now the Spirit Tree is dying, and the other trees in the park are toppling around it like domies. The town is plagued with unexplainable accidents and people begin to fade, drained of life. Martin must team up with a kw-it-all soccer star, Hannah Vaughan, if he has any chance of breaking the curse. If they fail to save the Spirit Tree, it could mean the destruction of Lower Brynwood and a permanent case of bad luck.
- Author BiographyKell Andrews writes nonfiction for adults and fiction for children. A little bit of magic helps with both. Growing up, she spent a lot of time reading, writing, drawing, and looking for treasure in the woods and on the beach.Kell holds a humanities degree from Johns Hopkins University and a master of liberal arts degree from the University of Pennsylvania. A lifelong Philadelphian, she lives with her husband and two daughters in Wynnewood, Pennsylvania.
- Author(s)Kell Andrews
- PublisherSpencer Hill Press
- Date of Publication24/06/2014
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpencer Hill Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight317 g
- Width132 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.