All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLong before there was The Walking Dead there was Deadworld. Here is one of comics' longest running independents as Deadworld has had over 100 issues and graphic vels published and over one million copies sold over the years. And it all starts here! A supernatural plague has been unleashed on the world. The dead return to walk the earth...but this is standard zombie story. The dead are just soldiers for those who have crossed the Gateway. The lead zombies are intelligent, sadistic, and in addition to having a hankering for flesh, enjoy the tortuous ordeals they put the surviving humans through. Now seven wayward teens on a school bus, scramble to escape the zombie apocalypse. Little did they kw that there were also intelligent zombies and they had a plan...and they had a leader, King Zombie. Death becomes very real to the teens as they lose some of their members and their hope that an abandoned riverboat will provide sanctuary proves futile. The Deadworld Archives series collects all of the original Deadworld series published by Arrow and Caliber Comics from the 1980-90s into a series of nine low priced affordable graphic vels. Book One has the very first four issues of the series. .. .amongst the most essential horror titles of the last twenty years. - Peter Normanton, From the Tomb magazine. The best, in my humble opinion, of the zombie comics. - Tom Snigoski, Buffy the Vampire Slayer. This is the original zombie comic and it's easy to see why it's lasted so long. - World's Heavyweight Comics. I can't rave eugh about this series. - Kenneth Gallant, Broken Frontier.
- Author BiographyArtist Vince Locke started his comic career with Deadworld and later went on to work with Neil Gaiman and Jill Thompson on the critically acclaimed Sandman series from Vertigo/DC. He was also the illustrator of A History of Violence which became a major feature film. Vince is also the artist of the Cannibal Corpses band covers. His most recent book is Junction True from IDW. Writer Stuart Kerr was one of the original creators of Deadworld, along with Ralph Griffiths. Together, the duo also co-created the long running comic series OZ and The Realm which were published by Arrow Comics and Caliber.
- Author(s)Stuart Kerr
- PublisherCaliber Comics
- Date of Publication27/02/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGraphic Novels: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCaliber Comics
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight240 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Edited byRalph Griffith
- Illustrator(s)Vince Locke
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.25
- AU $24.16Trending at AU $29.95
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.18
- AU $19.98Trending at AU $20.58
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.14
- AU $47.56Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $20.51Trending at AU $24.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.