Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.44
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.37
About this product
- DescriptionDear Almost is a book-length poem addressed to an unborn child lost in miscarriage. Beginning with the hope and promise of springtime, poet Matthew Thorburn traces the course of a year with sections set in each of the four seasons. Part book of days, part meditative prayer, part travelogue, the poem details a would-be father's wanderings through the figurative landscapes of memory and imagination as well as the literal landscapes of the Bronx, Shanghai, suburban New Jersey, and the Japanese island of Miyajima. As the speaker navigates his days, he attempts to show his unborn daughter what life is like / here where you ought to be / with us, but aren't. His experiences recall other deaths and uncover the different ways we remember and forget. Grief forces him to consider a question he never imagined asking: how do you mourn for someone you loved but never truly knew, never met or saw? In candid, meditative verse Dear Almost seeks to resolve this painful question, horing the memory of a child who both was and wasn't there.
- Author BiographyMATTHEW THORBURN is the author of six collections of poetry, including This Time Tomorrow and Every Possible Blue. He lives in New York City, where he works in corporate communications.
- Author(s)Matthew Thorburn
- PublisherLouisiana State University Press
- Date of Publication01/09/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Series TitleBarataria Poetry
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLouisiana State University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight122 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.