All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn inspiring letter to Malala Yousafzai, winner of the 2014 Nobel Peace Prize, that is both a show of support and a call to action for girls around the world. Malala became the youngest person to win the Nobel Peace Prize after she survived being shot in the head by the Taliban for speaking out in favor of a girl's right to an education. She survived this brutal attack and has emerged as a very powerful voice for social justice in the world. Dear Malala, We Stand with You captures the impact Malala has had on girls from all walks of life. In powerfully simple language and stunning photographs, the struggles from poverty and violence faced by girls everywhere become a catalyst for change. The book includes an excerpt from Malala s UN speech and provides readers with ways they can help and participate. Malala s bravery has shown that one person and one voice is eugh to change the world. As UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon said, the terrorists are most afraid of the girl with a book. Author Rosemary McCarney has over 20 years of international development work and runs the Canadian operations of Plan International as President and CEO. From the Hardcover edition.
- Author BiographyRosemary McCarney has over 20 years of international development work and runsthe Canadian operations of Plan International as President and CEO. Her skillsand passion play a pivotal role in Plan's Because I am a GirlInitiative, which advocates forgirls rightseverywhere. Despite herunrelenting schedule that takes Rosemary all over the world, her threechildren and partner Barry remain the center of her personal universe. From the Hardcover edition.
- Author(s)Rosemary McCarney
- PublisherCrown Books for Young Readers
- Date of Publication23/12/2014
- SubjectReference & Home Learning
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCrown Books for Young Readers
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight445 g
- Width288 mm
- Height224 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsLibrary binding,Cloth over boards
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $247.00Trending at AU $288.63
- AU $30.64Trending at AU $32.14
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $49.71
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $15.67
- AU $31.61Trending at AU $38.32
- AU $42.82Trending at AU $43.94
- AU $19.71Trending at AU $23.45
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.