All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWith this collection of sermons, Dr. Michael Bledsoe of Riverside Baptist Church in Washington DC, Adjunct Professor at Howard University School of Divinity, confronts Glenn Beck's assertions about liberal churches and the proclamation of social justice. This collection spans over a decade of sermons that speak to the inclusion of homosexuals as full human beings in our churches ( These Scars, God's Grace ), the contagion of violence promulgated through right wing radio ( Violence is Contagious ) and, of course, the infamous Beckian call for people to leave churches that proclaim social justice ( Dear Mr. Beck ). No matter which side of the political spectrum you find yourself, these sermons will be of interest to you for they do t hide from confrontation. Indeed, they are rooted within a profound respect of scripture and offer a withering critique of what passes for church in America today. Updated in 2013 with an additional sermon.
- Author BiographyA graduate of Stetson University with a B.A. in Religion, 1976, the M.Div. in 1983 and the Ph.D. in World Religions in 1988 from Southern Seminary in Louisville, Dr. Bledsoe has pastored four churches, including two smaller churches during seminary, one during the M.Div. and the other during the Ph.D., Lick Branch Baptist Church in Deputy, Indiana and Union Baptist Church in Crothersville, Indiana. He then pastored for three years the First Baptist Church of Columbus, Ohio. Presently and since 1992, he has pastored Riverside Baptist Church in Washington, D.C. He has been an adjunct faculty member at Howard University School of Divinity since 1997, lecturing in World Religions, Philosophy of Religion, and Church History. Married to Melinda Dunn and father to Kelley and Kirsten, he lives with his family in Arlington, Virginia.
- Author(s)Rev Michael Bledsoe Phd
- Date of Publication21/12/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight113 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $204.90New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.66New
- AU $61.69Used
- AU $94.06New
- AU $102.20New
- AU $71.40New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.59
- AU $22.44Trending at AU $24.03
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.94
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $91.19
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.01
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $50.60
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.