All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRoyce (aka Rolly) is having a bad year. Not only has his mother dragged him across the country in order to be close to her aged father Arthur, a celebrated cellist, but he's also recovering from mo. When he convinces his mother to let him finish the school year by correspondence, he's left feeling isolated and lonely and spends his time watching TV and plotting ways to get back to his friends in Nova Scotia. But before his plans can be implemented, his grandfather has a small stroke. Suddenly Arthur needs more care than Royce's mother can provide and, after a couple of hired care aides quit, Royce is pressed into service. Looking after a ninety-five-year-old, especially one as cantankerous, crafty and stubborn as Arthur, is a challenge. But as Royce gets to kw the eccentric old man who loves the Pussycat Dolls, hates Anderson Cooper and never listens to the kind of music that made him famous, he gradually comes to appreciate that his grandfather's life still has meaning. Even if Arthur himself seems to want it to end.
- Author(s)Sarah N. Harvey
- PublisherOrca Book Publishers,Canada
- Date of Publication01/10/2010
- SubjectYoung Adult Fiction
- Place of PublicationVictoria
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintOrca Book Publishers,Canada
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight290 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.